Attachment research and theory is a part of the field of developmental psychology that examines how the relationship between a child and an attachment figure shapes the development of the child. The field of attachment focusing on adult experiences has two broad bases:
- One from studies of parent-child relations in which the parent’s adult attachment interview (AAI) findings have been shown to be the best predictor of the child’s attachment to that caregive
- The other base is the study of adult attachment from the point of view of adult-adult relationships.
In this course we will apply the principles of IPNB to couples therapy through the lens of attachment in practical ways for the clinician. An IPNB perspective prepares therapists to:
- Deepen and broaden their work
- Apply scientific knowledge in the clinical immersion of psychotherapy
When we combine attachment studies to the broader effort to understand the mind, what emerges is a rich, complex, and practical view of how relationships and the brain interact to “shape” who we are—to form the foundations of our mental experience, from how we regulate our emotions to the sense of our identity in life.
- How long will I have access to the video lectures?
You may watch the lectures as many times as you'd like and they will remain in your library forever.
- What is the best way to view the video?
Stream the video lectures on any computer, tablet, or mobile device of your choice!
- How do I get my CE Hours? Who is eligible to receive CE Hours?
Once you have finished the course, please email the Mindsight Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the test. Upon verification that you have passed the program's CE test with a score of 80% or higher, your CE certificate will be emailed to you within ten business days. If you require CE credit on an urgent basis, please let us know. Courses offering CE credit are approved by the APA, BRN, CAMFT, and IMQ/CMA.
- May I earn CE Hours if I am located outside of California?
All CE accreditation information for Mindsight Institute courses can be found on our CE Credits page. If you are located outside of California, please contact your licensing board to see if they will honor CEs from the Mindsight Institute.
- How do I earn a Certificate of Completion?
A Certificate of Completion is available after completing this course. Please email the Mindsight Team at email@example.com to request a test.