Lodging, Transport, and Restaurant Recommendations
Private Car Service To/From the Airport:
All West Town Car - Contact Marina for Reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lyft & Uber are also great options for getting around the city during your stay.
- Brentwood Country Mart Farmshop (225 26th St #25, Santa Monica, CA 90402 Tel: 310.566.2400) Market-driven family-style meals in barnlike setting
- Brentwood Country Mart Reddi Chick (225 26th St, Santa Monica, CA 90402 Tel: 310.393.5238) Rotisserie chicken & fries in an informal picnic table setting
- M Cafe (11678 San Vicente Blvd, Santa Monica Tel: 310.207.1122) Quick, casual option for organic food (with vegan options) for picking-up or dining-in
- Pizzicotto Restaurant (11758 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Tel: 310.442.7188) Small Italian restaurant run by sisters with many homemade desserts from Italy
- Takao (11656 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Tel: 310.207.8636) Small restaurant with a VERY Japanese dining experience & traditional offerings include fresh fish and bento boxes.
- Katsuya (11777 San Vicente Blvd, Brentwood, CA 90049 Tel: 310.207.8744) Fresh takes on sushi & Japanese classics served in a dramatic Philippe Starch-designed space
- Sweet Rose Creamery (Brentwood Country Mart, 225 26th St, #51, Santa Monica, CA 90402 Tel: 310.260.2663 ext. 2) Small batch organic, homemade ice cream
- Votre Sante (13016 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Tel: 310.451.1813) Organic restaurant with wide choices for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
- Nobu (22706 E Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA, 90265 Tel: 310.317.9140) An excellent Japanese restaurant (alternative location in Beverly Hills) roughly 15 miles north of Santa Monica with a view overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the drive up the Pacific Coast (& make reservations)!
- 800 Degrees (120 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.566.0801) Pizza/salad/casual
- Art's Table (1001 Montana Ave, Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica Tel: 310.395.2500) Farm-to-table style with outdoor seating
- Back on the Beach (415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica, CA 90402 Tel: 310.458.4904) Sit down restaurant with tables in the sand/on the beach! Nearby Marion Davies House offers tours.
- CAVA (1318 2nd St Suite A, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.237.5591) Chipotle-style Mediterranean restaurant to eat in or to go
- Fig (101 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.319.3111) Chic restaurant inside the Fairmont Hotel/“holiday” atmosphere - excellent happy hour food & drink specials between 5-6pm daily.
- Flower Child (1332 2nd St, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.382.2901) Colorful café with bohemian ethos for health-minded salads, bowls & wraps [DAN’S FAVORITE!]
- HiHo Cheeseburger (1320 2nd Street #B, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.469.7250) Grass-fed Wagyu burgers & fresh cut fries from founders of Sugarfish
- Hillstone (202 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.576.7558) Upscale eatery serving burgers & steaks in stylish space
- KazuNori: The Original Hand Roll Bar (120 Broadway #104, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 424.999.4594) Japanese temaki (hand-rolls) with bar seating
- M Street Kitchen (2000 Main St, Santa Monica, CA 90405 Tel: 310.396.9145) Laid-back, rustic choice for American comfort food & weekend brunch
- Milo & Olive (2723 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403 Tel: 310.453.6776) Wood-fired pizza, small plates, baked goods in a communal space
- Rustic Canyon (1119 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.393.7050) Upscale Californian small plates & unique wine list/stylish-yet-casual
- Real Food Daily (514-516 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica Tel: 310.451.7544) Sit down with organic and vegetarian dishes available
- Sugarfish (1345 2nd St, Santa Monica, CA Tel: 310.393.3338) Celebrated local sushi serving traditional rools & sake in an intimate space
- The Lobster (1602 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.458.9294) Classic seafood dishes against a scenic ocean backdrop - reserve ahead!
- The Penthouse (The Huntley Hotel, 1111 2nd St, Santa Monica, CA 90403 Tel: 310.394.5454) Perched atop Huntley Hotel with panoramic views of the ocean and city - reserve ahead!
- Tocaya Organica (507 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 424.268.8219) Organic health-centered modern Mexican cuisine
- Uovo (1320 2nd Street, Suite A, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.425.0064) Pasta bar from Sugarfish co-owners featuring handmade noodles
- Water Grill (1401 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.394.5669) Sophisticated seafood with extensive raw-bar options and a daily menu update
- Gjusta (320 Sunset Ave, Venice, CA 90291 Tel: 310.314.0320) Artisanal bakery in a sprawling, warehouse-like space featuring sandwiches and breakfast plates
- Night + Market Sahm (2533 Lincoln Blvd, Venice, CA 90291 Tel: 310.301.0333) Brightly decorated modern Thai in a casual setting
- Salt & Straw (1357 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291 Tel: 310.310.8429) Small batch ice cream ft. flavors like goat cheese & olive and honey lavender
- Alfred Coffee Brentwood (11908 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Tel: 310.853.5450) Stylish yet whimsical shop with outdoor patio seating
- Blue Bottle Coffee (13050 San Vicente Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049 Tel: 510.653.3394) Trendy chain offering upscale coffee drinks
- Café Luxxe (925 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403 Tel: 310.394.2222) European style coffee
- Demitasse (1149 3rd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 424.322.0959) Small batch coffee with cold drip
- Peet’s Coffee (1401 Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90403 Tel: 310.394.8555) A good option for coffee throughout West Los Angeles!
- Philz Coffee (525 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.451.9500) Laid-back local chain specializing in custom drinks like a iced mint mojito latte
- Primo Passo (702 Montana Ave, Santa Monica Tel: 310.451.5900) Berkeley born chain with signature coffee drinks
- Sidecar Doughnuts & Coffee (631 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90401 Tel: 310.587.0022) Creative donuts and intelligentsia coffee in a sleek space