This spring we are excited to present a special Mindsight Student Alum Immersion Weekend. In this first-of-its-kind event, alumni from previous Immersion Weekends as well as our most advanced students will come together to reflect on and share how they have incorporated the concepts and ideas from IPNB into their lives. Participants will also have the opportunity to deeply explore questions or concepts from any of Dan's publications directly with him.
This weekend will solely focused on Dan’s newest books – Aware: The Science and Practice of Presence and Mind: A Journey to the Heart of Being Human, as well as his Wheel of Awareness meditation practice.
- A small group setting with Dan with others who have previously attended a Mindsight Immersion Weekend
- This immersion weekend is limited to 20 students
- Share how you've incorporated the tenets of IPNB into your life and work -- and learn from others how they've done the same
- Deeply explore questions or concepts directly with Dan and engage in dialogue with the group as a whole
- Explore the science behind Mindsight and Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Return to work (and home!) refreshed
If you're interested, please download and review a copy of the Syllabus (click the button below). It provides a complete course description, schedule and previous students’ comments about their immersion experiences.
Location:Santa Monica, CA
Venue:The Georgian Hotel in Santa Monica, CA
This online activity offers a maximum of 14 CE Credits
(scroll down for learning objectives)
The Lifespan Learning Institute and the Mindsight Institute are cosponsors of the Continuing Education programs offered.
APA: Lifespan Learning Institute is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Lifespan Learning Institute maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
BRN: Lifespan Learning Institute is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (provider #03424).
CAMFT: Lifespan Learning Institute is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, & LEPs. Lifespan Learning Institute maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content. (provider # 050085)
IMQ/CMA: The Lifespan Learning Institute is accredited by the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. IMQ/CMA is approved by ACCME to accredit CME providers.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Institute for Medical Quality/California Medical Association (IMQ/CMA) through the joint providership of Lifespan Learning Institute and the Mindsight Institute.
The Lifespan Learning Institute is accredited by the IMQ/CMA to provide continuing medical education for physicians.The Lifespan Learning Institute designates this online activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
It is your responsibility to verify with your licensing board / organization that they will accept the types of CE credit we offer. Out of state LMFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs should verify with their licensing board if they will accept BBS CE.
CE Credit requests are currently processed bi-monthly - on the second and last Sunday of each month. To request a CE exam for a given course or series, please email Ryan McKeithan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon completion of the exam, please email the exam into us at email@example.com for review. Once you have passed the exam, your CE Certificate be emailed to you as soon as it's available.
Disclosure: The speakers, and planning committee members listed below have disclosed that they have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. & Marion Solomon, PhD
Mindsight Immersion Learning Objectives:
- Describe a definition of the mind from an interpersonal neurobiology perspective.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the mind, brain, and relationships are part of one reality.
- Explain the hand model of the brain.
- Discuss the nature of memory in its implicit and explicit form.
- Distinguish the different domains of integration.
- Identify the impact of a state of mind on interpersonal functioning.
- Categorize the major groupings of attachment relationships.
- Describe the relationship between child attachment and adult attachment.
- Evaluate behavioral manifestations of chaos or rigidity.
- Identify the core features of integration and their relationship to health.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how energy and information flow are part of the functioning of the mind, brain, and relationships from an interpersonal neurobiology perspective.
- Discuss the nature of narrative and its relationship to memory.
- Appraise how the mind can be seen as a relational and embodied process.
- Describe how integration is defined.
*Note: This is not a process, therapy or clinical supervision group. The purpose of this weekend immersion is for educational and professional development.
- Can I attend this Alumni Immersion Weekend?
- What about CEs?
- What about Lodging, Restaurants, and Transportation?
- What if it turns out that I cannot attend?
The Mindsight Institute will promptly provide a full refund of tuition if cancellation notice is provided 2 months before the workshop’s start date if you cannot transfer to another Mindsight Immersion Weekend. In the case of cancellation within 2 months of the workshop, we will also provide a full refund if we are able to fill your space and reach our workshop capacity by the workshop’s start date. If cancellation notice is provided within 2 months of the workshop’s start date and we cannot fill your space, then we will provide a 50% refund of tuition. All refunds due for cancellations within 60 days will be processed within 5 business days of the workshop’s start date.
- Will the immersion weekend be taped or offered through a live webcast?
Please email info@DrDanSiegel.com if you have any further questions.
Date and location may be subject to change.